Prepare to Pass – Court Reporter
One route to career advancement is to establish expertise with certification. This is why the International Institute for Transcribers and Court Reporters recommends professional certification.
The IITCR offers several two-day online “Prepare to Pass” workshops for digital court reporters that will lay the groundwork for certification examinations using focused reviews and practice exams.
Here at the International Institute for Transcribers and Court Reporters, we realize examinations can cause concern, anxiety and stress for anyone, even top qualified professionals. By registering and completing our online “Prepare to Pass” courses, we believe you will be well prepared for certification examinations.
Digital court reporters will be guided through detailed reviews and practice exams that specifically focus on English spelling, grammar, sentence structure with emphasis on commonly confused words and forensic, legal terminology.
We will answer questions such as:
– How long does it take to study successfully for exams?
– What study guide will help me?
– What kinds of questions will be on the exams?
– I was educated in another country. Can I still become certified?
As the acceptable passing grade on most examinations is at least 95%, a focused review is absolutely essential.
During the “Prepare to Pass104R” course, you will be required to attain 95% on the practice exam at the end of each segment of the lesson in order to progress to the next section.
If you are uncertain you will obtain 95%, please consider taking the PTP101R followed by PTP102R, then PTP103R, and finally PTP104R. (See complete details below.)
Upon successful completion of the “Prepare to Pass” course, you will receive (in the mail) an official IITCR Certificate suitable for framing, with an International Institute for Transcribers and Court Reporters embossed gold seal, and signed by our Chief Executive Officer.
As indicated above, certification examinations require a passing mark of at least 95%. With that in mind, we have customized our one-of-a-kind courses in the following ways:
In Prepare to Pass 101, the passing mark is 65%.
In Prepare to Pass 102, the passing mark is 75%.
In Prepare to Pass 103, the passing mark is 85%.
In Prepare to Pass 104, the passing mark is 95%.
We have also customized our courses into two categories: one for Court Reporters and one for Transcribers.
- Courses 101R, 102R, 103R and 104R for Court Reporters.
- Courses 101T, 102T, 103T and 104T for Transcribers.
As you pass each level, you go on to the next, each level gearing towards equipping you with the expert skills needed for certification examinations.
Course lessons will include:
– Legal Terminology
– Sentence Structure
At the end of each two-day course, there is a test. Each test has a generous time limit. Our cutting-edge technology allows the tests to be marked immediately. Once you’ve successfully passed Prepare to Pass 101, the next lesson you would take is Prepare to Pass 102 and so on.
FAQ for the Prepare to Pass Courses:
What is the schedule for the courses?
We suggest you schedule time to take the courses within two weeks prior to the examinations. Each course is divided into two or more sections. Each section is 2-3 hours long (including tests).
What topics will the courses cover?
- Course lessons will include:
– Legal Terminology
– Sentence Structure
How will I know whether or not I’ve passed each course?
You will receive your mark immediately upon selecting the “submit” button at the bottom of each test.
If I don’t pass a Prepare to Pass course, can I take it over again?
- Yes. If you have not passed the test at the end of the lesson, you will have the opportunity of taking it again.
- If you do not succeed in passing on your second attempt, you may be required to register and pay for the “Prepare to Pass” course again, starting at the level you were unable to successfully complete.
Will I receive any recognition?
Yes. For every course you take and successfully complete with the IITCR, you will receive, in the mail, a formal Award Certificate suitable for framing.
Are there any other resources that can assist me?
- Yes. We recommend each student review at least one of the following available resources:
- Hypergrammar A comprehensive grammar guide from Ottawa University in Canada.
- Internet Grammar of English from University College of London, England (includes exercises).
- Grammar For English Language Learners With lots of grammar links.
Do you have any tips for me?
- Yes, we suggest the four Rs – Review, Recognize, Rise, Register
- REVIEW the resourses listed above.
- RECOGNIZE the value of taking our “Prepare to Pass” courses.
- RISE to a pristine level of professional certification.
- REGISTER soon and take each of the Prepare to Pass Courses. They have been developed exclusively to prepare the professional to take the examinations.