Refund and Withdrawal Policy
If you withdraw during the early part of a course, you may be eligible for a refund of a portion of your tuition.
Should a student’s enrollment be terminated or cancelled for any reason, all refunds are made according to the following refund policy:
- Cancellation must be made by either: 1) electronic mail (with confirmation of receipt – read receipt) sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or 2) in writing and sent by certified mail (with signature required) to the International Institute for Transcribers and Court Reporters, Registration Department, P.O. Box 161, Milton, Ontario, Canada L9T 4N9.
- All monies are refunded if the IITCR does not accept the applicant.
- Cancellation before a student completes the first Module and within the first 10 days of registration, results in a refund of all monies paid, except the non-refundable amount noted on the Tuition Information page.
- Cancellation after the course has begun, but prior to 40% completion of the course within the prescribed time (40% = 4 weeks after the date the student registered), will result in a Pro-Rata refund computed on the number of Modules completed to the total course Modules. IITCR’s Pro-Rata Refund computation is 15% debit per Module completed. For instance, if a student completes 3 Modules in the first 3 weeks, the student will be reimbursed 55% of the tuition paid minus the non-refundable amount listed on the Tuition Information page.
- Cancellation after completing 40% of the course, or if 4 weeks has transpired since the student registered for the course, will result in no refund.*
- Termination Date: in calculating the refund due to a student, the date of receipt of email notification or certified mail notification (see #1 above) by the student is used in the calculation.
- Refunds will be made within 30 days of termination of students’ enrollment upon receipt of the Cancellation/Withdrawal Notice from the student made by electronic mail (with confirmation of receipt – read receipt) or certified mail with signature required.
*Students who require a lengthy absence from the course (5 days or longer) must contact their instructor in writing (via email) and receive written approval.